[Girsh Joinovich] (January 24, 1888 - November 27, 1894, Tiraspol, Kherson Gub - 03.1961, Odessa).An excerpt from an article by Yuri Danilin, published in the journal Antikvariat (January-February 2015)
Photos from the antiques magazine and from the online auction www.bag.ru
In 1909-1913 he studied at the medical faculty of the University of Munich. Specialist in skin and venereal diseases. According to the personal file of the CER, in 1914 he received a diploma from the Novorossiysk University, which was kept in the Main Military Sanitary Directorate. in 1915 he was called up as a junior doctor of the 112th regiment. Until 1920, he served as the senior doctor of the military hospital train 7. In February 1921, he was appointed head of the observational station of Art. Harbin during the fight against the plague, and in July 1921 he was transferred to the headquarters as a staff doctor for business trips of the medical and sanitary service of the CER.
In the spring of 1923, he was awarded the Order of the Fat Ear by the President of the Republic of China for his participation in the fight against the plague of 1920-1921. In 1923, the position was renamed: doctor for assignments. In June 1924, he received the right to sign current reference papers, travel tickets, orders, payment schedules for the chief physician of the CER. In November 1924 he was dismissed for inconsistency with his position. The request of the CER to Odessa showed that Chaplik was tested for the degree of a doctor in the spring of 1916, but did not pass the state exams. From 1925 to 1927 he was a senior doctor at the construction of the Khukhai railway (Fig. 12, documents on Fig. 12-14 are from a private collection).
In April 1927 he was again hired by the Chinese Eastern Railway to the post of sanitary doctor, in 1928 he was temporarily appointed as an epidemiologist. Head sanitary station in Harbin during the smallpox epidemic in May 1928. In January 1930 he was transferred to the position of a doctor for assignments, in 1930 he was temporarily entrusted with the correspondence in the health department of the CER.
In December 1931, he was fired due to redundancy. He was fluent in French, German and English. At the end of 1935 worked in a secular polyclinic in Harbin. In 1939 he worked as a doctor at the American consulate in Harbin. Since 1926 was a citizen of the USSR. He supervised the courses of nurses in the 1950s in Harbin (Fig. 13). From 1945 to 1952 he was a senior physician at the Jewish Hospital in Harbin (ill. 14). In 1957-1958. left for Odessa.
Ioan Grigoryevich Chaplik, the son of Grigory Ivanovich and Elizaveta Isakovna, was born on April 21, 1937 in Harbin. While studying in the senior classes of the 4th Soviet High School in Harbin, he was the captain of the chess team, won interschool competitions in chess and ping-pong, which are reminded of the tokens and documents he received.
After school, he studied at the Harbin Polytechnic Institute, then transferred to the Odessa Civil Engineering Institute, after which he worked in the Odessa "mezhkolohzstroy" foreman, then head of the technical department. From the beginning of the 1970s, he worked at the Odessa Civil Engineering Institute, where for many years, until his death from a heart attack on May 11, 1993, he was the head of the research sector.
He was married to Svetlana Leonideovna Chaplik (nee Galter, 04/29/1937) Children: Grigory Ioanovich Chaplik, Alexandra Ioannovna Chaplik.